K2 (also known as Chhogori/Qogir, Ketu/Kechu, and Mount Godwin-Austen) is the second-highest mountain on Earth, after Mount Everest. It is located on the border between Baltistan, in the Gilgit–Baltistan region of northern Pakistan, and the Taxkorgan Tajik Autonomous County of Xinjiang, China. With a peak elevation of 8,611 m (28,251 feet), K2 is the highest point of the Karakoram Range and the highest point in Pakistan. K2 is known as the Savage Mountain due to the extreme difficulty of ascent and the second-highest fatality rate among the eight thousanders. For every four people who have reached the summit, one has died trying. It is more hazardous to reach K2 from the Chinese side; thus, it is mostly climbed from the Pakistani side. Unlike Annapurna, the mountain with the highest fatality-to-summit rate, K2 has never been climbed in winter.
Concordia is the name for the confluence of the Baltoro Glacier and the Godwin-Austen Glacier, in the heart of the Karakoram range of Pakistan. It is located in Baltistan region of Pakistan. The name was applied by European explorers, and comes from this location’s similarity to a glacial confluence, also named Concordia, in the Bernese Oberland, part of the Central Alps. Around Concordia are clustered some of the highest peaks in the world. Four of the world’s fourteen “eight-thousanders” are in this region, as well as a number of important lower peaks. Concordia offers the region’s best place to camp for mountain enthusiasts not involved in climbing. With breathtaking views, it also offers short hikes to several important base camps: K2 (three hours), Broad Peak (two hours) and the Gasherbrums (three hours).
Gondogoro Pass is the mountain pass on the Gondogoro Glacier near Vigne Glacier. From the Southern side, pass descends into the Hushevillage which is the last human settlement of the Ghangche District of northern Pakistan. To climb the pass, mostly climbers and trekkers prefer to start from the Northern side which is easy and connected with the Vigne Glacier. In 1986, a route was established that connects Concordia and the upper Baltoro Glacier to the Hushe Valley over the Gondogoro Pass(5940m). Since then, this challenging technical pass has attracted trekkers and climbers alike. This pass has one of the most overwhelming mountain panoramas anywhere in the world, with all of the Karakoram’s 8000m peaks close at hand. The Gondogoro La, although popular with trekkers, involves Class 4 climbing. The North side is a 50-degree snow slope with Avalanche danger requiring fixed ropes. The south side is a continuous 50-degree slope with rock-fall and avalanche danger that requires fixing as much as 300m of rope.
No of Days: 16-18
Weather Condition: Cold
Level: Moderate to Advance
Details of Plan:
– 08th July, 2017: Islamabad to SKardu Departure at 7:00 PM. Dinner at Mansehra at 11:00 pm (Aprox)
Overnight in travelling.
– 9th July, 2017: Breakfast at PTDC Motel Besham / at 5:00 AM.
Departure for Skardu, Lunch at Summer Nallah, Overnight & Dinner in Skardu at Mashabrum Hotel.
– 10th July, 2017: Rest Day / Shopping Day at Skardu. Overnight at Skardu Mashabrum Hotel.
– 11th July, 2017: Skardu to Askole
By Jeeps drive to askole, Overnight in Tents.
Note: The road conditions from skardu to askole is rough & highly uncertain and often gets blocked due to land slide.
– 12th July, 2017: Askole to Jhola (3200m)
Start trek from Askole to Korofong 3-4 hrs, After lunch break at Korofong continue to Jhola (3-4 hrs). Overnight in tent
– 13th July, 2017: Jhola to Paiyu (3600m)
Start on a relatively easy trail for 6-7 hrs. Overnight in tents.
– 14th July, 2017: Rest Day at Paiyu.
Overnight in Tents.
– 15th July, 2017: Piyu to Urdukas (4200m)
Trekking mostly along the crest of lateral moraine with stunning views of Paiyu Peak, Chorichi, Uli Biaho, Trango Towers and so on. Urdukas is a spectacular campsite.
Trek Time: 7-8 Hours
Overnight in tents.
– 16th July, 2017: Urdukas to Goro II (4500m)
Overnight in Tents. (A long walk on Baltoro Glacier)
Trek Time: 6-7 Hours
– 17th July, 2017: Goro II to Concordia (4700m)
5-6 hours slightly easy trekking with spectacular views and gigantic mountain panorama, including Muztagh Tower, Gasherbrum IV, Mitre Peak and the mighty K2. Overnight in tents.
Trek Time: 5-6 Hours
– 18th July, 2017: Free Day / Rest Day at Concordia (4700m)
Overnight in tents at Concordia. (Trek to K-2 Base camp optional)
– 19th July, 2017: Concordia to Ali Camp or Back via Same Route. (4700m)
5-6 hours slightly easy trekking with spectacular views and gigantic mountain panorama, including Muztagh Tower, Gasherbrum IV, Mitre Peak and the mighty K2 / Trek back to Askole. Overnight in tents.
– 20th July, 2017: Ali Camp to Khuspang (4680m) via Ghondogoro La(~5900m)
Note: 8-10 hrs start very early in the morning for the strenuous and steep ascend to Gondogoro la (high pass), descend to (2 am) the high camp (Khuspang) on the other side. Overnight in tents.
– 21st July, 2017: Khuspang to dalsangpa (4,400) It is a beautiful campsite at about (4,400)meters, set between two lakes, with Masherbrum Mountain and the white glacier cascading down from Masherbrum Pass reflected in the still water. Overnight in Tents.
– 22nd July, 2017: dalsangpa to Shaieshcho (4000m) Resume trek along the path; Keep yourself on the left side of the lateral moraine, crossing several side streams. The next hour is an unpleasant scramble along the stony, sliding glacier edge, with huge boulders poised above, ready to fall. Overnight in Tents.
– 23rd July, 2017: Shaieshcho to Hushe, Lunch at Hushe and Drive back to Skardu.
Overnight in a Hotel at Skardu City.
– 24th July, 2017: Rest in Skardu at Hotel till evening, Departure for Islamabad at 4:00pm. Dinner on way and night in travelling.
– 25th July, 2017 (Reserve Day)
– 26th July, 2017 (Reserve Day)
Mandatory Pre-Trip Team Meeting:
A pre-trip meetings will be held before setting off on the expedition in order to introduce the participants with each other and to brief them on preparations and requirements of the trek.
* Those who are in other cities / countries and cannot join physicaly may joing the meeting via Skype.
Team Meeting: 10th June, 2017
– Transport (Pick and Drop from Lahore / Islamabad / Rawalpindi to Lahore / Islamabad / Rawalpindi on Selected Routes).
– Jeep Rental
– Camping Equipment Rental. (Tents & Mattress)
– Services of a guide
– Standard Hotel Accommodation on sharing basis as per itinerary
– 3 Times a day Standard Meals during the Trip.
– Satellite Phone for incoming & outgoing calls and text messages at actual cost
– Road tolls.
– Basic first aid kit.
– Kitchen equipment & Related items
– Bridge taxes.
– LA crossing charges.
– 12.5 Kg porter facility for member’s personal gear.
(Above 12.5 Kg will be separately charged from member on spot, as per porter rate per Kg)
Services not Included:
– Personal Sleeping Bag
– Medication, evacuation and rescue etc.
– Beverages & phone calls or other expenses of personal nature
– Extra expenses due to road blocks or other reason.
– Anything not mentioned in services included section.
*Cost & Payment Details*
• From Islamabad: Rs. 95,000/- per person
• From Lahore: Rs. 97,500/- per person
• From Skardu: Rs. 87,000/- per person
For Foreign Nationals:
• From Islamabad: USD 1,600/- per person
• From Skardu: USD 1,400/- per person
Note: Invitation letters will be issued to the interested foreign nationals for visa process.
5% Group Discount for a group of 4 and above
Rs. 20,000/- Advance and form must be filled to confirm registration.
Remaining amount must be paid till 1st June, 2017.
Flexible Installment Plan:
Participants can pay the trip cost in flexible installment plan of their choice. They may choose any amount of their choice for an instalment at their desired date. They need to pay off the full charges of trip by the last date of registration i.e.1st June, 2017.
Discover Pakistan offers a perfect match between price and quality services. DP works with the aim of providing a platform to nature lovers and adventure enthusiastic and thus enabling them to discover the Magnificence of the land of hospitality, Pakistan.
Last date for Booking is = 1st June, 2017.
For More Details and Booking Please Call
+923235459876 / +923477584460
Or email at email@example.com
Bank Account Details
Account Title = Discover Pakistan
Account Number= 00362002788732
Silk Bank (On-line Cash Deposit Facility Available in all silk bank Branches across Pakistan / ATM Funds Transfer Facility Also Available VIA 1-link / Internet Banking Funds Transfer Facility)
To stay updated for our upcoming events please join our official group. http://www.facebook.com/groups/DiscoverPakistan/
Further Customized Packages for Gilgit-Baltistan and Kashmir are also available for Groups and couples.